So after a long day of nothing but outbound calls and 4 customers over my 9 hour day today, I decided to stop at my parents house to see what was up. Apparently nothing but making sure I get fatter. My mother loves to chew on me about being fat, yet, when I stop over, there are always cookies and dinner and cakes and pies and god knows what else. I know it's in her inner Greek, but I can't stay on a damned diet if I go over there.
If she comes over here, oy vey... I love my mother to death, but if I have to hear one more time about how real butter is going to kill me, I'll go off. Real butter tastes, well, like butter. And that's how I like butter to taste. It's kind of like why I don't like eating at Outback. Too much shit on the steak. I want to taste beef, not your blend of 13 savory herbs and spices that you cake on both sides of my subpar beef in order to make it taste like a salt lick.
Tomorrow morning I'm supposed to take my truck and my buddy Jake's trailer to Delphos, which is about 2.5 hours away, to pick up a new cab for my dad's 1969 Chevy Project Truck. Hopefully this trip stays cancelled, as I've lobbied for all night. I like hanging out with my dad, but I don't know if I can take him driving my precious truck like he stole it, in conditions that would make Alaska seem mild. He and my brother both have the same driving philosophy: "Drive it like you stole it."--which is fine for rental cars and company vehicles...but my personal, every day, ride in it everywhere, seat is broken in for my fat ass truck is a different story altogether. My brother, who is 17 and apparently knows everything, relishes every opportunity to destroy my things. He thinks it's fun to watch me squirm as he burns my tires pulling out of the house, or listen to me yell when I realize that somehow, the taillight is not correctly mounted anymore, due to his carelessness when loading lumber. Just the little things to piss me off. And he loves it.
So to finish out my night, I came home to realize that I still had a metric shitload of snow on my driveway. I proceeded to put the truck into 4 low and ram my way into the garage again, putting it in backwards so that I can pull it out more easily for the trip tomorrow that I so don't want to make. Oh well, only time will tell.
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment